Damager Build Question

Go down

Damager Build Question

Post  jeunfb on Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:09 am

I rarely pvp but I tried it the other day with a group led by Tyler. He had me run this
build:

savanah heat (e)
searing heat
gole
immolate
glowing gaze
ward against melee
fire attunement
res sig

To be honest, this noob at pvp had a hard time running it. It's so chaotic that I always
forget gole and fire attunement, and even when I get attunement off it gets stripped very
quickly so I'm not sure how valuable it is. Much of the time I'm waiting on multiple skills
to recharge as I get interrupted or have conditions thrown on me. Kinda felt useless.

I was wondering if maybe noob damagers like me could at least heal while other skills
are recharging. I swapped out a couple skills to Tylers build and would be interested
if you guys think it a decent replacement.

Fire 15, Earth 3, Energy 11, Heal 8

Mind Blast (e)
Searing Heat
Teinais Heat
Mark of Rodgort
Glowing Gaze
Ward Against Melee
Heal Party
Res Sig

Teinais Heat replaces Savannah Heat and is a clone of Searing Heat. That would give me
2 AOE skills that cause damage to foes "near" spell location, and burning to foes in the area.
Mark of Rodgort furthers the cause to set nearby foes on fire allowing Mind Blast and Glowing
Gaze to do damage and get me back 10 energy each. Mind Blast does the same damage as
immolate and only costs 5e so I think its a good substitute.

Now when I get bogged down and can't cast my damage skills I can at least help out the party
by putting up a ward and/or healing everyone a little bit (50 hp).

Anyways, just my 2 cents. Occasionally I'll peak out from under the pve covers to look at the
pvp boogeyman. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=7572
jeunfb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum