AB4 vs. Discordway, what to do?

Go down

AB4 vs. Discordway, what to do?

Post  jeunfb on Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:06 am

Last night I was fortunate enough to happen to be on when some gvg in AB4 was going on. The first or second game I was in, and we ran into a Discordway team. You can recognize one of these teams because they are made up almost entirely of N/Rt. (often with one Mes. and one E/Mo). In addition, you may see as many as 4 of the N/Rt. are henchies!

With Tyler (Demonclaws) leading, we all went out the back door as our opening gambit, before we knew what we were facing, and ended up stumbling into a very good way to beat Discordway. Out gank them.

Unfortunately for us, the thief got stuck on the way to their back door, which slowed us up just a few seconds longer than we would have needed for the win, but if that hadn't happened, we would have beat them in the gank off. Even with the thief getting stuck, it was extremely close.

You would not believe the speed that such a team takes down the GL, even before the 2 minute mark. If a team waits until they see what they are facing before going out the back for a gank, they will never make it in time. You have to be at their GL at or before they get to yours, or you will not stand a chance with a gank, and I wouldn't even try it. Splits are not good either, they have absolutely no need to worry about the flag or morale, they can take down the GL within a minute or so, even before the 2 minute mark. If you don't have the option to take them in a gank-off, your best bet is probably to use your GL NPCs to try to get some quick kills on the squishies, particularly the E/Mo hard rezzer. Note, you will have to do it repeatedly because all of the henchies generally do not hesitate like normal players in using rezzes. Which is the other part to do if you want to beat it straight up: people are going to die, you have to have quick rezzes too.

After the loss, we ended up taking out our frustrations on the next team.

Just thought I would post about this one because it's a fairly common ladder farming build right now, and it is likely we are going to be seeing until Anet changes some of the skills or mechanics to make it less deadly. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=7571

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum