Build I'd like to try.., From Mostly Harmless [MH]

Go down

Build I'd like to try.., From Mostly Harmless [MH]

Post  jeunfb on Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:56 pm

Basically a build I saw Mostly Harmless run against EW, seems like a nice pressure / hex team build.

D/A - Melee Pressure
Scythe 12+2
Mysticism 12+1+2
Deadly Arts 3

Wearying Strike
Eremite's Attack
Rending Sweep
Heart of Fury
Siphon Speed
Disrupting Dagger
Resurection Signet

D/A - Melee Pressure
Scythe 12+2
Mysticism 12+1+2
Deadly Arts 3

Wearying Strike
Eremite's Attack
Rending Sweep
Heart of Fury
Siphon Speed
Disrupting Dagger
Resurection Signet

Me/Mo - Caster Hate w/ Degen
Inspiration Magic 12+1+1
Illusion Magic 11+1
Fast Casting 6+1
Healing Prayers 2

Migraine
Conjure Phantasm
Images of Remorse
Mantra of Persistance
Signet of Humility
Spirit of Failure
Power Drain
Resurection Chant

Me/Mo - Caster Hate w/ Degen
Inspiration Magic 12+1+1
Illusion Magic 11+1
Fast Casting 6+1
Healing Prayers 2

Migraine
Conjure Phantasm
Images of Remorse
Mantra of Persistance
Signet of Humility
Spirit of Failure
Power Drain
Resurection Chant

R/Mo - Burning Arrow Degen / Anti-Ganker
Marksmanship 9+1
Expertise 12+1+1
Wilderness Survival 9+1
Protection Prayers 3

Burning Arrow
Distracting Shot
Savage Shot
Apply Poison
Troll Unguent
Mending Touch
Natural Stride
Resurection Signet

Mo/A - RC Prot
Divine Favor 10+1
Protection 11+1+1
Healing 9+1
Shadow 4

Restore Condition
Reversal of Fortune
Mending Touch
Gift of Health
Spirit Bond
Signet of Devotion
Holy Veil
Dark Escape

Mo/E - Divert Prot
Divine Favor 11+1
Protection 12+1+1
Healing 6+1

Divert Hexes
Reversal of Fortune
Dismiss Condition
Infuse Health
Healing Touch
Protective Spirit
Holy Veil
Glyph of Lesser Energy

Mo/E - Flagger
Divine Favor: 10+1
Healing: 12+1+1
Protection: 6+1
Water Magic 6

1) Healer's Boon
2) Heal Party
3) Words of Comfort
4) Ice Prison / Tenai's Prison
5) Storm Djinn's Haste
6) Mending Touch
7) Holy Veil
Cool Glyph of Lesser Energy

Okay, here's how this build is basically ran.
In this build, there is no real target calling unless its a target of opportunity or the flagger.

The two dervishes (#1 and #2) attack seperate targets, most likely two different monks.

At the same time, the mesmers spread around their hexes to the enemy. Their Migraine will go on the enemy monks, while the degen hexes will just be spread around. Spirit of Failure will go on the enemies melee frontline. Use Mantra of Persistance with the illusion hexes (Migraine, Conjure, etc) to prolong the effect, giving mass degen and longer spell casting time to the enemy. The mesmer's also have Signet of Humility which they can use to take away the enemy monks Divert Hexes if they have one. If they have no Divert Hexes monk, It'll be used on another enemy depending on how crucial their elite is. They are both hard rezers, which is nice, because they have fastcast for the resurection chant. Lastly, they have Power Drain, which is like, uber leet e-management interrupt skill. Between Migraine, two power-drains, two disrupting daggers, and the Burning Arrow rangers interrupts, we should be able to interrupt some of the enemy monks (and others, such as nukers or rezes) key skills.

The burning arrow ranger has three functions -- Condition spreading, Interrupting, and Anti-Ganker. The burning arrow ranger excells in condition spreading. The conditions he throws out give a ton of degen, and along with the mesmer hexes, the degen is hard to counter. Even if they have a rc, the mesmers will keep their divert monk out of the game. If they have no divert, even better! We can just signet of humility their rc and load on the pressure. His interrupts work nicely with Migraine, giving him twice the time to interrupt key skills. If they send a gank team, this character is quite self-sufficient. If placed against a hex character, he should be able to interrupt them enough to get the conditions on and scare them off -- Hexes usually dont cast very fast. If it is a warrior, you can again condition him, and use natural stride to get him off you, and interrupt his healing signet. For Assassins, you can just use natural stride once they try to chain you. Burning Arrow ranger's itll be more of a standoff, which doesnt affect us aslong as our npc's stay alive and we are winning at the flag.

Our two monks are mostly just metagame RC-Prot and Divert-Prot w/ Infuse. Took em from the AB2's weekend build cause I suck with monks, but its basically along the lines of what MH ran.

Again, with the flagger, I went along with a edited version of AB2's weekend build. I made one change to it with using Ice Prison over Gale. 13 seconds of 66% slow works really well with the hexes in our build and the fact were using no fire damage here. A+ Skill, but it may be changed. I really liked the party-wide heals though against enemy degen teams. Worked wonders for us this past weekend.

That about sums it up.

Comments welcome http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=7819
jeunfb

View user profile

Back to top Go down