Superman Causes Everything From Murder To Cannibalism

Go down

Superman Causes Everything From Murder To Cannibalism

Post  zenister on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:54 pm

At least that’s what the United States Senate claimed in 1956……

My point is that we simply cannot allow the government and media to do to video games what they pulled off with comic books. The U.S. Government and media convinced the public that comic books were a danger to children in the 1940s and 1950s and as a result, the quality of comics diminished for many years. Many comic book collectors like myself believe that the “Comic Code” enforced by the government caused the death of the detective and horror genres for years.

Some people don’t believe that the video game debate is not a very important issue for the next election, but it’s really a fundamental one. It will go from games to other areas. The first sign of a corrupt government is the censorship of ideas. If we allow them to censor video games, they will also be censoring culture as a whole. Perhaps we haven’t learned anything from the 1950s, but it’s certainly time to wake up.

If you are interested in this topic, I found a great article titled ‘The End of Seduction, Epilogue’ that discusses some of the history behind the Comic Code. Check it out at the via link below. The video game debates of late are eerily similar to what our government did to the comic book industry.
http://news.filefront.com/category/gamer-life/game-related-laws/
zenister

View user profile

Back to top Go down